Quality Management Tools
Quality management tools enable you to evaluate agent-customer interactions based on competencies and skills (e.g., courtesy, communication, professionalism, etc.). You can review and rate each call to find out how individual agents handle customer queries. You can also use logs to get an overview of how agents handled calls during a period of time, to help ensure your customers receive a consistently positive experience.
Note: To get an overview of your call center’s efficiency and performance based on statistical data (e.g., average handling time, hold times, etc.), we recommend using the CDR log feature. See CDR Log.
Table of Contents
- Quality Management — Interface Overview
- Quality Management Categories
- To Create a Quality Management Category
- To Activate or Inactivate a Category
- Quality Management Editor
- Quality Management Editor — Settings Overview
- To Add Criteria
- Rating Calls
- Rating Calls — Settings Overview
- To Rate a Call
- Quality Management Statistics
Quality Management — Interface Overview
Quality management tools include the following interfaces:
- Quality management categories: Allows you to manage your quality management categories. You can create new categories, and rename or inactivate old ones. Categories are used to categorize your assessment criteria (e.g., Communication skills, Interpersonal skills, etc.)
- Quality management editor: Allows you to manage the criteria through which you rate calls. You can create, rename, or remove criteria, add notes to them, mark them as required fields, set their weighting, and define their required minimum and maximum scores.
- Rate calls: An interface where you can rate each call.
- Quality management statistics: An interface that lists all assessments made. Each log gives you a quick summary of the call and rating.
Quality Management Categories
An interface that allows you to manage your quality management categories. You can create new categories, and rename or inactive old ones. Quality management categories are used to categorize your assessment criteria (e.g., Communication skills, Interpersonal skills, etc.)
Note: Quality management categories are generic settings. Changes made to generic settings apply to all projects, users and resources, therefore the categories you create can be used in each project to categorize criteria.
To Create a Quality Management Category
- From the VCC Live menu, select Contact Center > Quality Management Categories.
- Enter a name in the Name text field.
- Select an option from the State drop-down menu. If you select Inactive, the category you create will not be available to use.
- Press Add.
To Activate or Inactivate a Category
- On the Quality Management Categories worksheet, select a category you want to activate or inactivate.
- From the State drop-down menu, select Active or Inactive. If you select Inactive, the category will not be available to use.
- Press Add.
Quality Management Editor
An interface that allows you to manage the criteria through which you rate calls (e.g., Greeting, Politeness, Handling complaints, etc.). You can create, rename, or remove criteria, add notes to them, mark them as required fields, and set their minimum, maximum and weighting values.
Note: Criteria settings are project-specific settings. Changes made to project-specific settings apply to the selected project only, therefore, the criteria you create will only be available in the project you create the criteria for.
Quality Management Editor — Settings Overview
|It is obligatory to write a Description for the QM rates.||Enforces users to add a description to all criteria.|
|Allow agents to see ratings||Enables agents to see their calls’ QM evaluations. You may choose to hide an individual call’s evaluation when rating the call.|
|Minimum||The minimum score a rater can give to the criterion.|
|Maximum||The maximum score a rater can give to the criterion.|
|Weight||The criterion’s importance. For example, if a criterion has weight set to 2, its score will double.|
|Color||If enabled, highlights with colors ratings that have either a minimum or maximum value.|
|Category||Allows you to categorize criteria using QM categories you created.|
|Required||Enforces users to fill in the criterion it is enabled for.|
|Note||A hint for using the criterion.|
To Add Criteria
- Select a project from the project list, then select the Quality Management tab.
- Press Add. A new row appears.
- Enter a title for your criterion.
- Set the minimum, maximum, and weight values.
- Select Edge in the Color drop-down menu to highlight ratings with colors that have either a minimum or maximum value.
- Select an evaluation category.
- Mark or unmark the Required checkbox to obligate users to fill in the criterion.
- Enter a description.
- Press Save.
Tip: We recommend using criteria such as “efficiency” or “complaint handling”.
Tip: You can export evaluation criteria and import it into other projects.
An interface that allows you to rate a call based on the critera you have previously set.
Note: Only calls with a talk time length greater than 0 seconds can be rated.
Rating Calls — Settings Overview
|min||Sets all scores to minimum.|
|max||Sets all scores to maximum.|
|Description||A note that you can add to the rating, for example, a summary of the rating or your thoughts on the call. This note option is optional and is visible to the agent.|
|Suggestion||You can add suggestions tofor the agent. This field is optional and is visible to the agent.|
|Play call recording||Plays the call recording.|
|Active||If disabled, the rating will not be available for the agent to see.|
To Rate a Call
- Select a project from the project list, then select Logs and statistics > CDR log.
- Set a time interval.
- Optional: press for more filtering options.
- Press Search.
- Hover your mouse over a call record, then press .
- Select scores.
- Press Save.
Note: The Call unsatisfactory option sets the conversation’s communication efficiency score and percentage to zero, while the Category unsatisfactory option sets the category’s efficiency score and percentage to zero.
Note: Actions that increase the version number include adding, modifying, renaming, and deleting evaluation factors, assigning them to categories, changing the color setting, and increasing or decreasing the minimum, maximum and weighting values.
Quality Management Statistics
Get an overview of call quality based on how supervisors rated calls. The interface lists all assessments made, and each log gives you a quick summary of the call and the rating, including who made the call and how long it took, who rated the call, the average score, rater’s comment, and more.
For more details about using the function, see Quality Management Statistics.
There's always more to learn. Discover similar features by visiting related articles:
Can’t find what you need? Use the comment section below to connect with others, get answers from our experts, or share your ideas with us.
There are no comments yet.