Read how global BPO, SYKES, transformed their customer & IT support solution for key client, Huawei, and achieved huge cost savings by partnering with VCC Live.
With over 60,000 employees across 60+ global locations, business process outsourcing (BPO) giant, SYKES, provides customer experience management solutions for some of the world’s biggest organizations.
Their client partnership with tech and telecom powerhouse, Huawei, requires the continuous delivery of non-voice customer & IT support activities. Dissatisfied with both the capabilities and cost of their incumbent software provider, SYKES began working with VCC Live in December 2021 seeking new ways to better meet Huawei’s requirements.
Switching from a rigid & pricey solution
SYKES’ partnership with Huawei involves providing customer & IT support for millions of customers across 21 countries. To facilitate this, SYKES was using SaaS platform, Zendesk, for email-only communication.
Two of the challenges most commonly cited by BPOs are; 1) flexibility and functionality of their incumbent customer service platforms, and 2) cost efficiency. It was for these reasons that SYKES engaged VCC Live to help develop a custom, non-voice IT & billing support solution offering greater functionality than their incumbent solution and at a much lower cost.
A lot more for a lot less
While our cloud contact center software offers customers an extensive range of channels and features, the scope of our prospective partnership with SYKES – a non-voice IT & billing support platform – was both unique and highly specific. This afforded us the opportunity to work in close collaboration with SYKES to develop a genuinely custom-made solution and also deliver an implementation process of just one month (including approval from Huawei).
Rolling out our platform in January 2022, our bespoke solution included the following:
- Custom-built user interface comprising all the necessary information for delivering high levels of customer support. As with our wider CCaaS platform, this allows for extensive and straightforward customization capabilities.
- Automated email workflows covering the full customer service spectrum. This includes everything from confirmations and billing reminders, and can be easily modified at any time by system admins.
- Non-voice ticketing system enabling the raising and tracking of all customer queries. The ticketing system allows for a highly manageable and transparent process of issue resolution, while also empowering agents to transfer tickets between each other.
- Facebook page integration with Huawei’s company profile meaning agents can respond to customer comments thereby driving higher levels of engagement and even raising support query tickets directly from Facebook.
- A huge 3x cost saving per agent licence compared to SYKES’ previous provider, Zendesk. This ultimately represented one of the most cost-effective solutions around while also leveling up the company’s ability to better service Huawei customers.
A swift transformation with more to follow
In just a few short months, VCC Live’s solution has already helped SYKES to better communicate and engage with the customer base of one its key clients. Based on their frequent communication with our dedicated customer success team, the global BPO reports strong levels of satisfaction with our platform – citing the features and attentive partnership approach as two of the most valued relationship factors.
Having already established a trusted solution that has yielded significant cost savings for SYKES, the future of our partnership will be focused on continuous improvement and agility through identifying new areas to delight Huawei customers.