Database Management Overview
Besides expanding your VCC Live database on the fly while managing your daily operations, you can also import all sorts of data.
1. Types of Data You Can Import to VCC Live
These are data of the VCC Live application users such as agents and supervisors.
These are your clients’ data that you can manage in your database on project level.
These are custom data typically associated with users or your database such as Employee ID assigned to the users or generic data used in multiple projects (e.g. a street database list.)
2. Adding User Data to VCC Live
User data belongs to the VCC Live software users such as agents and supervisors. This type of data can be only added or modified by admin (supervisor) users and include Name, phone number and email address.
2.1 You can add user data through the following interfaces:
User management interface: This interface allows creating, modifying and deleting users. For more details, see
Profile interface: This interface allows admin (supervisor) users to add or modify their own details including contact information. This is mandatory. For more details, see Profile and Notifications
You can also create users through our Database API
3. Adding Client Data
These data are your clients’ data stored in your database as records. We consider Robinson lists as client data, too. You can add data both manually as well as automatically.
3.1 Adding Data Manually
Both agents and supervisors can add data to your database.
Supervisor users can add data to VCC Live using the following functions and interfaces:
- Import function: This allows you to import your database from a spreadsheet or CVS file.
- Adding Records: This allows you to add records one by one.
- Through an agent script: This method is mainly used by the agents, but you can use this feature as well as a supervisor user.
- Mass record field modification: This allows you to update database fields in one go.
- Robinson list: You can add phone numbers to your Robinson list.
Agents can add data to your database using the following functions:
- Adding Record: in an Inbound project if the number is not in your database, the agent can add the number as a record.
- Through an agent script: You can create scripts that allows the users to add record details to your database.
3.2 Adding Data Automatically
3.2.1 Inbound calls
You can have the system automatically add new phone numbers as a record:
- Some of the inbound processes handling dispositions can create records if the phone number is not in the database yet, including: Answering Machine, Disposition, and Queue processes.
- The IVR webhook can create and update records by utilizing our APIs.
- If a record is allocated the Robinson disposition, the phone number is automatically added to the Robinson list.
Update import function: This is a database update file that you can import into the system and so your database records are updated.
You can also use the following APIs:
Can’t find what you need? Use the comment section below to connect with others, get answers from our experts, or share your ideas with us.
There are no comments yet.