The single sign-on feature enables your users to log in to VCC Live® Desk without having to enter their login credentials before each login. And with added support for centralized authentication, you can also adapt your existing authentication systems (e.g. LDAP) to work with VCC Live® Desk.
Note: Activating this feature requires an initial setup at both your and VCC Live®’s end. For more details, please get in touch with your contact person at VCC Live®.
Warning: Once this feature is enabled, you and your users will no longer be able to log in using the old method, unless you ask us to disable OAuth 2.0.
About OAuth 2.0
Our single sign-on authentication method uses the OAuth 2.0 open standard, commonly used for access delegation. Applications using OAuth 2.0 can give third party applications permission to access the application’s information without revealing login details, such as passwords.
Note: OAuth 2.0 is an open protocol, and is not developed by VCC Live®.
To Implement Single Sign-On
- You must have an OAuth 2.0 server installed and hosted.
- Register the VCC Live® Desk application with the OAuth 2.0 system server. This will enable VCC Live® Desk to connect to an authentication system of your choice.
- You will receive access details from the authorization server, including your client identifier, client server name, access token, and more.
- Please send us the access details. Our developer will register them in the VCC Live® system. Also, we are activating the single sign-on feature for you.
- Your VCC Live® Desk users will be able to login using the OAuth Login button, without having to enter their usernames and passwords. A browser window will appear, where they need to enter their centralized login credentials only the first time.
Note: During the login process, OAuth 2.0 will return the email addresses to the VCC Live® Desk application, and the application will authenticate the users with the email address. This requires you to provide the same email address for all the users in both OAuth 2.0 and the VCC Live® system.