Estimated reading time: 3 minutes | Target users: Supervisors
The Disposition-Triggered SMS feature enables you to send text messages based on the outcome of your calls.
In this lesson, you will learn:
- How to set up an SMS template
- What steps are required to trigger SMS sending based on a selected disposition
- How to review all text messages sent
1. Setting Up a Disposition-Triggered SMS
The setup procedure is quick and easy: you need to create an SMS template, choose dispositions for the pattern and then select the specified disposition when saving your call results.
1.1 Create an SMS Template
To send disposition-triggered text messages, you first have to create and configure an SMS template.
- Select a project from the project list, then select Channels > SMS.
- Press Add new SMS template.
- Enter the name of the template in the Template name text field.
- Enter a phone number or select a database field in the Email drop-down list to set the recipient.
- Select a phone number from the Sender drop-down list. This number is displayed as the sender to the recipient.
- Set when you want your text message to be sent in the Send date text field. You can schedule your message to be sent later by adding a reference to a date database field, or select Immediately to send the message immediately.
- If it is not marked, mark the Active checkbox.
- In the Dispositions pane, mark the checkbox beside one or more dispositions. When agents use these dispositions, the SMS is sent automatically.
- Select the Message tab, then enter the desired message.
- Press Save.
When configuring your SMS templates, please consider the followings:
- You can test your SMS template. For instructions, see To Test an SMS Template. If an SMS pattern includes database fields reference, no data will be presented in the test SMS.
- You can send SMS using an alphanumeric sender ID to present a message as sent by a company or brand. If you wish to do this in VCC Live, please contact us firstly, as this feature is not available in every country and should always be verified before you start your campaign. If necessary, the process to set up an alphanumeric sender ID takes about 2 weeks and is configured so it meets your local telecommunication regulations. Some telecom providers do not support unique sender IDs. For this reason, it is recommended to include your signature in your messages.
- If your message is too long, it can be sent as multiple messages, which results in higher costs, as the message will be considered as multiple SMS messages.
1.2 Trigger SMS Sending
Disposition-triggered emails can be sent from the Agent’s Workspace, when a client card is open. In order to be able to use an email template created by a supervisor, agents must have the corresponding dispositions visible on their screens, so the Disposition must be set to Active.
- During a conversation with the client —or even when there is no conversation—, when the client card is opened, select a Disposition related to the SMS pattern, then press Save.
- The system will send the specified message automatically. No other actions required.
Note: If an SMS pattern contains references to client data from your database, make sure the necessary fields have values in the database. If these data are required to be gathered by an agent during a call, make sure the fields are marked as Obligatory to be filled in. For more information about configuring scripts and datasheets, see Customizing Datasheets and Scripts.
Warning: If the same disposition is selected for the same client multiple times, the message will be sent multiple times.
2. Acquiring Information on Your Email Performance
Once your emails are sent, you can easily track the status of your SMS as well as other data. See SMS Log
2.1 To Access the SMS Log
- Select a project from the project list, then select Logs and statistics > SMS log.
- Optional: press for more filtering options.
- Press Search.
You’ve just learned how to send SMS based on the outcome of your calls in VCC Live.
Can’t find what you need? Use the comment section below to connect with others, get answers from our experts, or share your ideas with us.
There are no comments yet.