Initiating a Call
Use the ‘/call’ resource to request VCC Live to initiate a call. Calls can only be initiated when the agent is in ‘available’ status.
The system will first look up the phone number you’re calling in the database, and if
- A match if found, the existing record will open.
- More than one match are found, the record with the highest number ID will open.
- No previously-created record is found, the system will create a new record.
|Options||newRecord, field(1, 2, …)|
Click to Call API requests do not provide a response object, so it is not applicable in this case.
A few things to keep in mind when using the ‘/call’ request:
- Initiating a call is possible only in Available and Available for Call statuses. In any other statuses, the call does not take place but an error message appears: “Information: Can’t make a call in this state. Please switch to state available.“
- If there is a call initiated, but the previous call took place 1 second ago, then the call is not carried out by the system. This is set in our system in order to prevent duplicated calls.
New call as a new record
If you want to create a new record in the agent’s primary project’s database whenever Click-to-Call is used, then use this resource:
You can use HTTP parameters to set fields.
The list of applicable fields can be found listed at the ‘form’ section on this page.
Can’t find what you need? Use the comment section below to connect with others, get answers from our experts, or share your ideas with us.
There are no comments yet.