Setting up Click-to-Call
You can initiate, hang up, or put on hold calls from external applications or websites. When an agent successfully logs in to VCC Live® Desk, an embedded HTTP server is started and bound to the port set by a supervisor. Any software that can send HTTP GET requests to the VCC Live® Click-to-Call interface can be used to manage calls.
To Set a Firewall Exception to Use Click-to-Call
- Read about this process in the To Set a Firewall Exception to Use Click-to-Call section.
In order to use Click-to-Call, it must be enabled in the generic settings, as well as in your project-specific settings.
Note: Click-to-Call is only activated at the end of a successful login process. Already logged-in agents need to firstly re-login.
Note: The Click-to-Call interface is available at http://localhost:[port]/[resource]?[parameters]. port is the port specified by an administrator, resource is one of the three possible commands, and parameters represents optional parameters.
To Enable or Disable Click-to-Call
- From the VCC Live menu, select Contact center > Global settings.
- Select the General tab.
- In the Click-to-call pane, mark or unmark the Enable Click-to-Call checkbox.
- Enter a port.
- Press Save.
To Enable or Disable Click-to-Call for your Project
- Select a project from the project list, then select Channels > Voice > Outbound.
- In the General settings pane, mark or unmark the Click-to-call checkbox.
- Press Save.