Using External Speakers to Play Ringtones
You can use speakers connected to your computer to play a selected sound file when incoming calls are received. This requires an external application of your choice to play the required sound file.
Note: This article assumes that your computer runs Microsoft Windows 10 and your default media player application is Windows Media Player.
Table of Contents
- To Set up Your Headset
- To Adjust Windows Media Player Settings
- To Adjust Audio Settings in VCC Live® Desk
- To Test a Headset Device in VCC Live® Desk
To Set up Your Headset
- Plug your USB headset and speaker device into your computer’s USB port and headphone jack.
Windows: Right-click the speaker icon on the system tray, then select Playback devices. The Sound window appears.
- Make sure that the USB headset is marked with a icon. If not, right-click the device, then select Set as Default Device and Set as Default Communication Device.
- Press OK.
To Adjust Windows Media Player Settings
- Windows: Launch Windows Media Player.
- Windows Media Player: Select the Organize menu, then select Options….
- Select the Devices tab.
- Double-click Speakers. The Speaker Properties window appears.
- Select Speakers option from the Select the audio device: drop-down list.
- Press OK. You can now close Windows Media Player.
To Adjust Audio Settings in VCC Live® Desk
- VCC Live® Desk: From the VCC Live® menu, select Tools > Local settings.
- Select the General tab.
- Mark the Play ringtone with an external application checkbox.
- Press Browse... next to the Play ringtone with field.
- Navigate to and select the wmplayer.exe application. Default location: “C:Program Files (x86)Windows Media Player”.
- Optional: If you wish to use a custom ringtone, then copy the full path of the sound file you wish to use in the Media player parameters field.
- Press Save.
Note: The path or folder’s name cannot contain any special characters.
Tip: You can use any file type supported by Windows Media Player. See File types supported.
Tip: You can control the media player behavior by entering command line parameters in the Media player parameters field.
To Test a Headset Device in VCC Live® Desk
- From the VCC Live® menu, select Tools > Local settings.
- Put on your headset, press Play echo and start speaking. If your settings are correct, you should be able to hear your own voice and background ambience.