Using External Speakers to Play Ringtones
You can use speakers connected to your computer to play a selected sound file when incoming calls are received. This requires an external application of your choice to play the required sound file.
Note: This article assumes that your computer runs Microsoft Windows 10 and your default media player application is Windows Media Player.
Table of Contents
- To Set up Your Headset
- To Adjust Windows Media Player Settings
- To Adjust Audio Settings in VCC Live Desk
- To Test a Headset Device in VCC Live Desk
To Set up Your Headset
- Plug your USB headset and speaker device into your computer’s USB port and headphone jack.
Windows: Right-click the speaker icon on the system tray, then select Playback devices. The Sound window appears.
- Make sure that the USB headset is marked with a icon. If not, right-click the device, then select Set as Default Device and Set as Default Communication Device.
- Press OK.
To Adjust Windows Media Player Settings
- Windows: Launch Windows Media Player.
- Windows Media Player: Select the Organize menu, then select Options….
- Select the Devices tab.
- Double-click Speakers. The Speaker Properties window appears.
- Select Speakers option from the Select the audio device: drop-down list.
- Press OK. You can now close Windows Media Player.
To Adjust Audio Settings in VCC Live Desk
- VCC Live Desk: From the VCC Live menu, select Tools > Local settings.
- Select the General tab.
- Mark the Play ringtone with an external application checkbox.
- Press Browse next to the Play ringtone with field.
- Navigate to and select the wmplayer.exe application. Default location: “C:Program Files (x86)Windows Media Player”.
- Optional: If you wish to use a custom ringtone, then copy the full path of the sound file you wish to use in the Media player parameters field.
- Press Save.
Note: The path or folder’s name cannot contain any special characters.
Tip: You can use any file type supported by Windows Media Player. See File types supported.
Tip: You can control the media player behavior by entering command line parameters in the Media player parameters field.
To Test a Headset Device in VCC Live Desk
- From the VCC Live menu, select Tools > Local settings.
- Put on your headset, press Play echo and start speaking. If your settings are correct, you should be able to hear your own voice and background ambience.
There are no comments yet.