Archive for September, 2015

Contact center – multichannel communication in customer care – part 1

Posted on: September 2nd, 2015 by tszabi No Comments

The seamless communication between a company and its customer is the key for a successful business. In normal circumstances keeping contact with customers, solving problems and complaints are always a necessity. If the company takes time and money to provide quality customer communication, this investment returns in happy and satisfied customers – and, of course, in high profits.

Trends and challenges
According to experts, the content of our message scores only 20% in understanding, the way we deliver it, how we shape and transmit it gives the rest 80%. So it is utmost important the type of communication used in customer contact. A company should not only deliver the message to its customers, he also has to listen to them. Best is to proactively anticipate the arising customer questions or complaints.
Personal and written customer communication was a usual form of customer contact, but nowadays electronic communication is used more frequently. To shortly summarise past years trends, we highlight the following:

  • Mobile is first! — Due to past years technological developments mobile devices are the primary tools of official, business and everyday communication
  • Unified service processes — Customers expect single contact service during customer care, they don’t want to call different departments – process management delivers this seamless experience
  • Proactive customer contact – Is expected from customers, but companies discovered, that it is also beneficial to them to actively involve customers in their processes
  • Using feedback – Companies handled with care customer feedback in the past, but technological developments made easily to perfect customer care based on feedback
  • Spreading of SaaS — More and more organisations turn to software-as-a-service solutions
  • Strong demand for multichannel services – Although the voice remains the main communication channel, more and more people expect self-service channels, sms, chat or email. Usually a customer interaction started on one channel is continued or finished on another